About Qualified Charitable Distributions
A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is a tax-efficient way for individuals who are age 70 ½ or older to make gifts directly from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
QCDs can count towards satisfying an individual’s Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) for the year, which is the minimum amount that an individual must withdraw from their IRA each year once they reach age 73.
- Reduce taxable income
- Counts towards your Required Minimum Distribution for the year
- Make an immediate impact on our mission
How it works
- Using this form, provide your contact information and donation details, including financial institution and gift amount (up to $105,000).
- Download, complete, and submit your forms to your financial institution using the instructions provided.
- Once your financial institution receives the forms, the funds are usually transferred to us in about 5-10 business days.
- Enjoy the benefit of a tax-free distribution from your IRA, contributing towards your Required Minimum Distribution and potentially reducing tax liability.
You will not receive a charitable income tax deduction for a Qualified Charitable Distribution.
Make your QCD gift quickly and hassle-free, today
In under 10 minutes you will be guided through the entire donation process, no sensitive information required.
On December 29, 2022, the SECURE 2.0 Act became law. This legislation updates language from the 2019 SECURE Act and implements changes intended to strengthen the retirement system. This QCD tool is updated to reflect relevant changes.
More ways to make an impact
Gifts in a will or trust
Donations in your will or trust are (by far) the most popular type of planned gift. Learn more, or get help starting your will (for free!).
Gifting assets not covered by your will — like 401(k) or IRA accounts — may help your heirs avoid unwanted taxes, even if you’re below the estate tax threshold.